Fly Fishing Show Somerset New Jersey

I wanted to post the news to my readers that I will be at the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset, New Jersey, this coming weekend, January 24, 25, and 26. I am sharing a table with Dean Myers, fellow Pennsylvanian and the new owner of MyFlies.com. As a member of the Regal Vise Company Pro Staff, I am also presenting a two-hour fly tying demonstration at the Regal Engineering Company booth on Friday afternoon from 2 – 4 PM.

I will be tying patterns such as parachute drys and scud hook nymph patterns for which the Regal non-true rotary design feature provides unique ergonomic advantages. I will also demonstrate setting of fan wings on dry fly patterns, showing how to mount, position, and align these tricky wings in less than two minutes.

I addition I will have my usual selection of classic wet flies for sale, including replicated antique flies on antique hooks with antique silk gut snells and snoods, along with my usual assortment of various fishing patterns and classic wet flies and streamers, singly and in pairs for the collector. Stop by and say hello!

About these ads

10 comments on “Fly Fishing Show Somerset New Jersey

1. Doug Daufel says:

Have fun Donnie!

2. Terry Chapman says:

Good to see you in Marlboro last week! Too bad I can’t just head to New Jersey but duties call!

3. Jon Andrew says:

Don- planning on going to Somerset on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

Sent from my iPhone

4. Mike says:

Hope to see you Saturday in Somerset weather permitting. Also hope you have a lot of your fly selections with in particular your floating caddis emerger.

Hi Mike;
      I guess I missed you – it did snow some there on Saturday, just a couple inches I guess. I did have a few sets of the Floating Caddis Emergers tied and boxed up. You can always order them and other flies directly from me. I’ll also be at the Lancaster show in March. Thanks for your comment!

5. Alex K. says:

Don,

Thanks again for the Silver Doctor tutorial! After the show, I returned to the vise to practice the techniques you showed me. Managed to tie a couple presentable flies and a multiple that will see the razor this week.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex;
      Thank you for stopping by and for sticking around long enough for the completion of that Silver Doctor. I’m glad I was able to help you out with some tips and tying education. Good luck at the vise! Take care!