News Flash!

First of all, two Maine Newspapers are publishing major feature articles in their outdoor sections, I believe both are set for publication this coming Sunday, September 16th.

The Portland Press Herald, with a feature article by Dierdre Fleming, and the Sun Journal, article by Max Moegenson, based in David Footer’s home region of Lewiston-Auburn, both have feature articles in the works, planned for release this Sunday. Both papers are available online, you may want to make a note to check their websites.

The event at L. L. Bean on September 21st is going to be a wonderful event. I plan to take video of David Footer personally telling the history of his pattern, the Footer Special, during this event this coming Friday, celebrating the 50th anniversary of his fly!

I tied up a fresh one last night, a size #1 – 8x long;  to be published with Dierdre’s piece in The Portland Press Herald; I dare say it is the best example of a Footer Special I have ever dressed.

The other great news I have is that the Orvis Company has accepted my original Floating Caddis Emerger as a contract pattern to be presented as a new dry fly in their 2013 Catalog, which will be mailed in January 2013. I am thankful and excited about that!

You all have a great weekend!

8 comments on “News Flash!

Congrats Don on that fly for Orvis! That is awesome!!

Good on you, DB, for the Orvis deal. Every little bit helps, right?

3. Cathy Beck says:

Don, Hi. Bill Havrilla thought you might be able to help me. I’m having trouble uploading photos to my blog via WordPress from my iPad2. Are you blogging from a laptop or iPad? Thanks,
    Cathy (great blog by the way).

Hi Cathy;
      Very nice to hear from you and to have your compliment on my blog! To answer your question, as technology goes, I’m still in the Industrial Age, 🙂 using a desktop computer. Unfortunately, I just got a laptop (which still needs programmed), and I know nothing about iPad’s of any generation.
      Thanks for following Bill’s suggestion, sometimes I can help, and sometimes I can’t. Say hi to Barry for me!
      Don

4. Cardo Lianez says:

Don
    I’m new to fly tying and am tremendously inspired by the work I see here, on streamers365 and your Bergman collection over at Hatches. I look forward to one day tying some of these beauties. I’ll keep following your work. I also hope/plan to own some of your original works. Congratulations on your work being showcased in the Orvis catalog!

Hi Cardo;
      Thank you so much for your comment and compliment of my tying! I appreciate your interest and hope that I am able to help and inspire your efforts! Thanks you for your congratulations as well!
      Best regards;