Rudolph the Red-nosed Reintrout

One of my customers sent me this Christmas card back in 2013, and I thought it too cute not to pass on to my readers.

Sunfish Santa

Sunfish Santa with his team of rein trout, being led by Rudolph the Red-nosed Reintrout. Never mind that the lead “reinfish” is a channel cat. And the Sunfish Santa, oh the indignity.

Of course, the music in me and my imagination has got me instantly wanting to put this card to music, so to the tune of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, please sing along:

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reintrout

By Don Bastian, adapted from original lyrics by Johnny Marks, 1939

You know Beadhead and Humpy and Slumpbuster and Fishy,

Finny and Wet Fly and Slimy and Squishy,

But do you recall, the most famous reintrout of all?

Rudolph the red-nosed reintrout, had a very shiny snout –

And if you ever hooked him, he would jump and leap about!

All of the other reintrout, used to laugh and call him names,

They never let poor Rudolph, join in any reintrout games.

Then one muddy water Fishmas Eve, Sunfish came to say,

Rudolph with your snout so bright, won’t you lead my trout tonight?

Then all the reintrout loved him, and they shouted out with glee,

Rudolph the red-nosed reintrout, we’ll be swimming easily!

Merry Christmas everybody!

Hey, it’s the best I could do on impulse. If I had more time, I’d get out the video camera, sing it myself and post it to youtube. Or not…but, maybe after three Dirty Martini’s, and if I only had a Santa hat…

15 comments on “Rudolph the Red-nosed Reintrout

1. Edward Torchia says:

Merry Christmas my friend!

2. Bruce says:

Merry Christmas to you, Don.

I see your creativity is not limited to new tricks at the vise. Very clever, my friend. Have a very happy holiday season and a troutacular 2014.

4. Tim Dwinal says:

Loved the creativity and it made us both chuckle.
    Merry Christmas Don.

Hi Sarah and Tim;
      Thanks for your comment, and I’m glad you both got a laugh out of it. Wait til you hear me sing it! :mrgreen: Merry Christmas to you and Sarah, and thank you for the card!

5. Debby says:

Donnie, That was very clever! I loved it! I expect to hear you sing it in person in a few days! Merry Christmas, Debby

Ha, ha, ha! Glad you liked it! Tell Larry to bring some bourbon, so I can “get in the holiday spirit!” No, wait, I just bought a half-gallon of Rebel Yell! Ya-hooo!!!!! :mrgreen:

6. Kennneth W Billotte says:

Don, neat card and entertaining jingle… I am a tier and became a fan of yours at one of the Somerset, NJ symposiums. Attended one of your seminars there. Now I am enjoying your web site postings. Thanks for all the effort you put into this site. Keep up the good work!
    Hope you and yours had a very merry and holy Christmas and best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year.
    Ken Billotte, Clearfield, Pa.

Hello Ken;
      Fellow Pennsylvanian! Thank you for our comments! I’m glad you enjoyed my little diversion into the world of mirth. 😉 I appreciate your following my blog! Thank you for the well-wishes, and Happy New Year!