Woody and the TV

This is very funny and I wanted to share it.

My niece, Emily, in Maine, just sent me this video clip. It is my brother’s family dog, Woody, a Springer Spaniel, reacting for the very first time ever, to the television. He’s about eight or nine years old, so any reaction to the television at all is noteworthy. The more interesting and funny part is, Woody is reacting to me on the television. Emily was working on some wet fly tying, watching my DVD Advanced Classic Wet Flies, made in 2007, and for some reason he got “interested.” This video link illustrates Woody’s unusual reaction to me. I think it’s my image and voice together, because Woody knows me well, but he even growls at my image and voice, and sounds aggressive, but I think it’s more that he is barking from excitement. And he misses me! Awwww! But then again, perhaps my fly tying instruction is just going to the dogs.

The funniest part is when Woody shakes his head in response to Emily’s question, “Do you like fly tying Woody?”

11 comments on “Woody and the TV

1. Bob Mead says:

Somebody recognized you 🙂 Pretty cool!

2. jimk4 says:

That’s hilarious, Don.
    And I think he does like/miss you because his tail is wagging like crazy.
    Jim

3. JOHN HOFFMANN says:

Too funny Don! What’s even more funny is that when I showed the video to Cathy, Gracie started to bark furiously. Not sure if she was barking at Woody barking at you on TV or if she was barking at you! Ha! Thanks John

Hi guys, Bob, Jim, and John!
    Yes it is funny! John, Gracie may remember me; she did take to me, odd as you had said that is for her. Even my ex-wife’s dog loved me! Thanks for enjoying this and for your comments!

5. hahaha – he’s saying “hey Don, talk to me – it’s me… Woody!!!”

6. Dan Glover says:

Hey Don,
    I enjoyed the video. I had a springer named Molly several years ago. Her markings were almost like Woody’s. Great dog, but shed a lot. Good source of free dubbing.

7. Bruce says:

Hey Don! It looks to me like he’s sees some lunch. Gees, what did you do to that dog?

8. Larry says:

Hi Don,
    I think he was trying to get your attention and was very happy to see you.

Hi Darrel, Dan, Bruce, and Larry:
    Thanks for your comments on this…I’m glad you all got a kick out of it! That is pretty much how Woody reacts whenever I go to visit, barking growling, wagging his tail. He’s a funny dog! He has not seen me since last March. Thanks for your comments!

Donnie, that is so cute. He did recognize you. She has a lovely dog there. I used to have a Springer, many moons ago.